Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why can I not send using yahoo in outlook when gmail works? Yahoo worked before.?

I have yahoo plus and use Outlook 2003. Sometimes I can send using yahoo, but more often than not I have to change to another account to send email. I receive fine through yahoo. I've checked all the settings and have not found an error. HELP!
Why can I not send using yahoo in outlook when gmail works? Yahoo worked before.?
1) Verify that your ISP will allow you to use another company's SMTP servers. As some do not, this can sometimes cause send issues. Push comes to shove, just use your ISP's SMTP server settings. Your email will still get out there,


2) Make certain that you are using SSL with both incoming and outgoing -- yahoo's servers require it, and not having it can cause intermittent errors.


3) beyond just #2, make certain that your settings are in keeping with the settings in this Yahoo! Help file: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/cl...


-- Of implicit importance is that you have the proper ports set; more and more providers are blocking the ports that Outlook defaults to due to spammers.
girl name

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


send gmail © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting