Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sending e-mail in gmail I get a new message in Thunderbird from myself. Why?

I have Thunderbird set up to read my gmail account through POP3. If I reply to any messages in my gmail (web side) I will get a new message in my Thunderbird client after a couple minutes. It looks like a reply on first inspection but it's actually just the message I sent showing up in my Thunderbird inbox. It only happens like this if I send in the Gmail web client. If I reply in Thunderbird I don't get a duplicate message like this.





How can I turn this off? Is it possible?
Sending e-mail in gmail I get a new message in Thunderbird from myself. Why?
Thunderbird is seeing a message in your "All Mail" section and treats it as a new message.
Reply:You have the gmail set to sent a copy of each letter you make to your Thunderbird account. Go to preferences (mail) in gmail and uncheck the box to send a copy of mail to Thunderbird and that should stop the problem. If you need additional help just e-mail me and I will help further.
most popular name

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


send gmail © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting